Setting up new computers is hard, ImmyBot makes it easy. If you haven’t watched the video above, do that now then come here to continue reading.
The Immense Robot (ImmyBot for short) is a Pre-RMM tool you load on a flash drive and plug into a new computer. It installs your RMM agent as well as any other software required for that client.
It was conceived by MSPGeek member @darrendk shortly after he and his team at Immense Networks attended Automation Nation in 2016.
He was looking for a way to ensure his software stack, as well as his client’s software, was installed on all new and existing computers. He found many other MSPs struggling to automate these processes with their RMM.
The problem is RMMs aren’t specifically designed to setup computers. They have the fundamental requirements, just as you have the fundamental requirements to walk across Texas. It’s possible, just not easy.
Everything depends on something else:
- The name of the computer depends on client convention
- The Antivirus depends on their agreement
- The Office 365 edition depends on what license the user has
- The VPN depends on the firewall and whether or not this person even uses the VPN.
- The PDF handler? You just entered a holy war. The company pays for Acrobat but this guy in particular wants you to install his 6 year old copy of Bluebeam.
- The line of business software depends on company and/or the user.
- What installer to use and where to find it? I’m sure it’s in the local administrator’s Downloads folder on the last computer you setup for that client. Scratch that, call the vendor and provide your name, SSN and list of fears and they’ll resend you a DropBox link.
Get any of this stuff wrong and your client notices immediately.
If any of this sounds familiar, or you just want to learn more, I encourage you to read this article where we demonstrate how ImmyBot addresses the above challenges to make setting up new computers as easy as our clients think it is. It really is as simple as the video demonstrates.
What the MSPGeek community says:
MSPGeek Member Bingo7782